I haven’t sat down and shared how I’ve been feeling with you guys in what feels like forever so it’s time for a big old catch up. I just want to honestly chat about how things are going in my personal life and what I’ve got coming up to look forward to etc. A little like a personal diary entry, except eerrrr it’s out on the internet for everyone to read!
How I’m feeling in life at the moment
Work wise, I’m a bit all over the place at the moment! One minute I’m full of excitement & positivity for the future and feeling inspired to work and produce incredible content, and the next minute I feel lost, confused, unmotivated and want to crawl back into bed. Normally when I feel like this it’s from jealousy of how everyone else in this industry seems to have their shit together, doing incredible things (and in turn this leaves me with massive self doubt) but this time it feels different. I’m not comparing myself to others anymore which is doing wonders for my self confidence… but I still feel lost. I think I’m yet to find my niche; am I still a beauty or fashion blogger, or am I more about dating or lifestyle? Until then it feels like a struggle to work out where I fit.
Work aside, I’m pretty happy in my personal life at the moment! I feel like I’ve found a great balance in terms of social life, alone time & work. There’s nothing I love more than a night in the house alone to eat food & watch Sex & The City (current obsession) but I’m also seeing family & catching up with friends regularly which has been perfect. Dating wise – I’m still on a break! I’ve had a couple of first dates this year but haven’t felt like myself on them at all, which I think is a sign that I’m still not ready to commit my spare time to finding a new love!
Things I’m Looking forward to
I have a lot of great stuff to look forward to in the next few weeks:
- A road trip to Sweden & Norway to see My Favourite Murder LIVE! I literally can not contain my excitement for this trip. If anyone else is going or if you have any restaurant recommendations for Oslo & Stockholm… let me know!
- This evening I’m going to Hollow Hotel – an immersive, interactive theatre experience based on one of my favourite serial killers, H.H.Holmes. If you haven’t read about him, google immediately as it’s fascinating. I’ll write up a review of the experience (I think we have to escape the hotel without being murdered) so if you’re interested in it too, stay tuned!
- The Snooks family tattoo day is next week! If you didn’t know, every year on my grandma’s death day my family and I get a little tattoo as a punishment to her for leaving us so early! Last year my parents and sister had a matching moon on their wrist and I can not wait for this years addition! It may or may not be slightly related to the above…
Side note, I’ve just realised all the things I’m looking forward to are based around serial killers and murder – I’m not weird, I promise, just obsessed with true crime!
Things I’m loving
I also wanted to list some general things I’m loving at the moment. I thought this might be quite nice to look back on and if this post becomes a regular feature, then it’ll be nice to see how things change!
- Sex and the City. First time watching it, can’t get enough. I’m half way through season 3 and in fact, might write a blog post entirely dedicated to what I think about it compared to real life dating because man, they have so much sex it’s unreal and real life just isn’t like that!
- Harrisa. A weird one, but a friend introduced me to a little jar of it last month and I haven’t been able to get enough since. Would anyone like a video or blog post with some of my favourite recipes? Let me know!
- Polka Dots. Out of nowhere I’ve developed a big love for polka dots. Seriously, 25% off my wardrobe has been taken to the charity shop and has been replaced with dots of all sizes and colours. This top for example is from Zara and it’s true love! Link here!
- Fun fitness! This is another thing I want to write a full blog post on but I’ve been doing lots of exercise recently to get strong and it’s all been FUN. Stay tuned if you want to hear more about this…
It’s been nice to jot all this down, I hope it’s entertained some of you for a minute or two. I’d love to know what you’re up to this weekend and what you have coming up to look forward to?
Lots of love,
Photographs by Kaye Ford