Following on from the really depressing last post of mine, I wanted to write a little list of things that really make me happy when I am feeling down. These things might sound so silly but they really perk me up (I’m a weird one).
– Books. I can’t express how much I adore stories, and books are real escapism for me. I constantly have a book on the go and the thought of getting into bed with one really cheers me up.
I have the following Morrissey quote tattooed on my back (pictured above) “There’s more to life than books you know, but not much more”, which sums me up perfectly and I sometimes believe it’s true.
– A drop or two of sherry. I hope I don’t sound like an alcoholic but whenever I feel really down, the thought of having a thimble of sherry with a book and lit candle excites me (I told you I was odd).
– This blog. Although I put myself under way too much pressure to make great content that appeals to everyone, and find it hard to make time for, I really treasure this little blog, and the thought of playing with makeup, putting my photography skillz to use and writing is very dear to me.
– Cuddles with the boy. I have no idea how I managed to get this boy and I’m honestly shocked he hasn’t left already, with my worrying and crying, but I love time with him, it’s so precious and he is really the only one who knows how to cheer me up and make me laugh when I’m having a down moment.
Time & hugs with my family also cheer me up big time.
– The thought of moving out and getting our very own place. SO excited for this chapter of my life, I’ve been dreaming about it for so long now. I can’t wait to decorate my own home and have a space I can love and adore.
– Flowers. I will never ever get bored of receiving flowers. They brighten up the room and me! The feeling I get having some in my room make me ridiculously happy.
I think that’s it for now. The little things that make me happy.
What little things make you happy?