I have always been obsessed with everything and anything to do with stars, stargazing, the galaxy, astrology etc, so what better way to fulfil my galaxy desire than to have cosmic nails!
I have to credit llymlrs for having inspired me to do this originally, I didn’t think I could have done it but its actually really easy!
– black nail varnish
– white nail varnish
– blue/teal nail varnish
– glitter nail varnish
– a makeup sponge ripped into little pieces
– a toothpick!
1) Paint your nails black or a deep purple/navy blue. I used GOSH’s ‘Nero’ black polish.
2) Once the black polish has dried, grab a makeup sponge, tear it into a small piece, paint some white nail polish on the end
(I used Kiss’s white manicure polish) and then lightly sponge on the white in different shapes. You can then add another layer of white to build it up a bit.
3) Paint some gold nail polish onto your sponge and lightly dab a tad on top of the white. You can go slightly onto the black, but not too much. I used No7’s Hot to Trot.
4) Once the above has dried, paint some teal/blue/navy polish onto your sponge and use this to blend in the white and black polish by dabbing it slightly around the edges of the white. I used No7 Totally Teal.
5) To create stars, dip the end of a tooth pick into your white nail polish, and add a few random dots on the black.
6) The final stage before a top coat – layer over your favourite glitter polish to create more sparkling stars. I used GOSH’s Magic Star.
(afterwards, grab a cotton bud soaked in nail varnish remover & clean up the edges!)
VOILA! GALAXY NAILS!
I absolutely love the look of these, super easy to do and very different! Whilst wearing these I got so many compliments and was asked about 8+ times how to do it. You can also add a touch of yellow or pink or even purple to the galaxy but I personally prefer just the blue.
Have you ever tried galaxy nails? Send me your pictures, I’d love to see them!