So... I now have a fiance and am engaged to be married!!! Let's rewind a little.
If you read last week's Life Lately post you will have seen that it was Andrew's birthday on Friday and we had lots planned, as well as a little glamping trip to the Yorkshire countryside too, where Andrew got down on one knee and popped the question.
I don't want to say too much yet as I'm going to save the full story for it's own video/blog post but I'm so excited and can't express how happy I am to be getting married to my best friend.
Highlights & Thing's I've been up to :
- Andrew's birthday was absolutely lovely. We started the day with tea & opening pressies in bed, before moving onto brunch at the Holborn Dining Room & a trip to the Hunterian Museum (we've both been wanting to go for so long). We then came home to pack for the weekend before heading out to Plum Valley in China Town for some delicious dim sum (one of A's fav cuisines) and our final stop was the Electric Cinema in Shoreditch where we snuggled under blanket's to watch Legend (amazing film I highly recommend).
- The Jolly Days glamping site we stayed in over the weekend was spectacular and so picturesque. We pretty much had the whole campsite to ourselves and as there was no electricity what so ever (not even lighting in our hut) we really went back to basics and had fun playing cards, cooking on the BBQ, toasting marshmallows on a log fire we made etc. Full blog post coming up of the accommodation as it was so lovely.
- My ring... enough said!
- Being asked to spend the rest of my life with my soul mate... again, enough said!
- I also went for lunch with the lovely Em from My Pale Skin last week which was a treat! We visited My Old Dutch for some sweet pancakes whilst we caught up.
- Estee Lauder held a little dinner at Shoreditch House last Thursday to celebrate the launch of their new Pop Up Store in Box Park. I had such a lovely evening with Lydia, Lela and Reem and their new beauty products are fab - reviews coming up soon!
This week is stupidly busy! I'm having a big hair change tomorrow at Taylor Taylor so I'm feeling nervous excited about that and I also have SO much work to do this week before Andrew's parents come to London for a visit this weekend.
Also - wedding planning! Is it too soon to start thinking of things like this? We want to enjoy our engagement and need to save up a bit so I think it'll happen in 2017. Thinking of doing some wedding inspiration blog content - let me know if you'd be up for that!
Thanks so much to every one who has been reading my blog for a while now and seen me go through heartbreaks (I've not been shy in sharing when I've been down) and sticking around for this next chapter in my life.
Lots of love, Katie xxx