With all the festivals that are hitting England this summer I thought I’d create my own little ‘Festival SOS Kit’ which includes everything to keep you safe and happy whilst you party!
1) The Body Shop’s Aloe Moisture SPF Lotion – a good, fragrance free day cream with an SPF 15. This is the perfect size for your handbag and is great for all skin types (it hasn’t irritated my sensitive, blemish prone skin at all). You’ll be out in the sun a lot (hopefully!) so this is super important.
2) Alfresco Anti Bug Bite Lotion & Insect Repellent Spray – Not something you’d initially think to take with you but this has been a lifesaver for me for the past few months. I have only had ONE gnat bite this year so far because of this stuff, where as the rest of my family are itching like crazy (we keep our doors open in the heat so we get a lot of mosquitoes around the house). This insect repellent comes in a lotion and a spray format; both smell the same, a bit like talcum/baby powder mixed with essential oils (it is a bit strong and stinky but not unbearable). There’s not much else I can say apart from it works! I’m off to Marrakech next week and I’ll be taking this to test out there as well.
3) The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil Blotting Pads – I get really oily in the summer so I always carry these around with me for emergency touch ups. In the heat I don’t like applying too much makeup e.g. powder and concealer to control the oil, so these pads are perfect.
4) Secret’s Braided Head Band – cute, festival chic headbands to make your locks look effortlessly cool. Perfect for sweeping your hair back if its getting dirty and unmanageable. These ones unfortunately don’t match the colour of my hair but I *might* be going ‘natural’ soon, so I’m keeping this for then!
5) Batiste Dry Shampoo – Every girls best friend for any occasion! Batiste will help keep your locks looking freshly washed and with volume all weekend. I use Batiste every day and don’t know what I’d do without it. I’ll be taking two cans on holiday with me!
6) Optrex Sparkling Eye Drops – Okay, so picture this; lots of late nights, alcohol, dusty/muddy air and pollen, your eyes can definitely suffer during a festival and can give away tell tale signs of late nights, so a few drops of Optrex in each eye will keep them hydrated and looking awake. You can also get ‘brightening’ drops which make the whites of your eyes more white which would also be perfect for festivals!
7) Clinique SPF 35 Stick – This is perrrfeeectttt for keeping in your pocket to re-apply sunscreen throughout the day, and its also perfect for applying to tattoo’s to keep them protected for the sun (which obviously makes them fade quicker). This is fragrance free, has an SPF of 35 and is allergy tested.
8) Sun Shots SPF 25 Sun Protection Sachets – MORE SPF!! Haha I’m really obsessed with sun protection as you can tell! These are very handy as you can carry the little sachets are very useful as it means you don’t need to carry around a heavy bottle of sun cream. I went to a park for a picnic last weekend and used this whilst out there; one little pouch was enough to cover my back, face, arms and legs, as well as my friends back and arms. This stuff smells gorgeous, protects against both UVA and UVB rays and was light and non greasy.
9) Carex Aloe Vera Hand Gel – This is a MUST all year round in my opinion. Obviously you’re going to need to sanitize your mitts at festivals as a sink and soap will not always be available so your best bet is to carry around a hand sanitizer gel. This Carex one is my favourite because it smells lovely (not like the usual cucumber stench you get with most of these gels) and it sinks in really well, leaving you feeling clean, fresh and not sticky.
What’s in your festival SOS kit? Are you off to any festivals this summer?