It was my birthday last week and I turned the ripe old age of 25. I spent the day in Cambridge with my family and my new squeeze. We went for a punt along the river, bought lots of fudge, had a ‘high tea’ lunch and I had a really lovely day.
Since then, things have been a little up and down and I feel like I’m having a bit of a real ‘life’ dilemma. I’m really trying to evaluate what I want in life and where I am at at the moment. I’ve learnt over the past week that I am incredibly lucky to have the most incredible and caring friends and family around me who will be there for me no matter what my choices. I still believe that everything happens for a reason (although I’m not sure what these reasons are at the moment) but I hope everything works out well in the future. I feel like the song Mulder & Scully by Catatonia explains my situation perfectly, as the lyrics are quite prominent. Sorry for all the mystery, team!
Things I’m looking forward to:
– Seeing one of my favourite artists, Josef Salvat, play London tonight in Hoxton.
– I’m going away on holiday shortly and I really can’t wait for some valuable ‘me’ time. I plan to spend my days exploring and pampering life’s complexities (10 points to whoever gets the Morrissey reference).
– Reading a gazillion books on holiday – give me summer read recommendations!
– Going to Alton Towers with my work mates in September
– Catching up with lots of friends over cocktails over the coming weeks.
If anyone has any book recommendations for my holiday then do let me know. Also – if you have any nice, inspiring quotes, please tweet me them or leave a comment – I need positive energy!
Lots of love,
P.S New songs I can’t stop listening to are –
Magnetic Eyes by Matrix & Futurebound
Ghosts by The Presets.