When MAC invited me to their BAFTA ‘Camera Ready’ beauty master class I couldn’t contain my excitement. MAC is one of my favourite makeup brands so I couldn’t wait to see what they had in store for us. MAC Cosmetics are (for the 9th year running) the Official Beauty Partner of the Arqiva British Academy Television Awards and will be ensuring that all guests arriving on the red carpet look glam and perfect for this years award ceremony.
The event was hosted by Cher Webb, MAC’s Senior Artist (who will be doing a lot of makeup for VIPs for the BAFTAs) and she showed us how to create two camera ready, red carpet looks. Both of these looks are incredible and actually really easy to do on yourself.
1) Cher started off by prepping the skin by massaging Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum into the skin, before buffing the Face + Body Foundation (number c2) into the skin with a #191 tapered brush. On top of the foundation, Cher used Pro Longwear Concealer with the #185 brush under the eyes, around the nose and on any blemishes.
2) Next, Cher applied a Paintpot in Groundwork (which is a stunning pale brown) onto the eyelids and underneath the bottom lash line and blended any harsh lines away with a #217 brush. She then used Pro Longwear Eye Pencil in Lord It Up and smudged it on the top and bottom lash line and blended it out so that it smudged perfectly with the paintpot.
3) After curling Drew’s lashes, Cher applied layers of MACs False Lash Mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
4) To finish off the eyes, Cher used an Eyebrow Pencil to fill in Drew’s brows.
5) To complete the look, Cher used Cremeblend Blush in Something Special (one of my favs!) to the apples of the cheeks and then layered a little of Pink Rebel Lustre Drops to highlight the cheeks, nose, cupids bow and décolletage.
6) Finally, Pro Longwear Lipcreme in To The Future (a stunning natural peachy shade) was applied to the lips, along with Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare.
LOOK 2 – by adding three or four simple products you can achieve a completely different, stunning look!
Final Look above
1) Once everything in Look 1 is completed, use Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in What A Blast! to line your lips, and then finish by applying Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Good To Go with the #228 mini shader brush for perfection.
2) Smudge Eye Kohl Pencil in Feline into the waterlines and smudge underneath the eye and on the eyelid. Then blend the kohl pencil with the #239 shading brush so there are no harsh lines. Finally add a pair of falsies to complete the look! Lashes #3 were used in the look above!
What I think
Both of these looks are absolutely stunning and Cher gave us lots of great tips on how to apply makeup and how to make it last longer on your skin. The MAC Pro Longwear products are also all fabulous for parties and special occasions because they really do stay on all night and do not budge (a lot of celebs will be using these products for the BAFTAs to ensure their lipstick, eyeshadow and bases do not budge or fade throughout the night).
Since this camera ready master class I have been really experimenting with makeup and can’t wait to show you all what these two looks look like on myself! Full reviews of a few of the products mentioned will also be making an appearance on my blog soon too.
What are your tips for making makeup last longer on the skin? Which of these looks would you like to see recreated first?