I was recently contacted by 17 asking if I wanted to be a part of their blogger makeup challenge (exciting!). The challenge was to create a fresh ‘Spring’ makeup look using 17’s Limited Edition Spring products and I jumped at the chance to be involved. I’ve never entered a makeup competition before but I love the idea of creating a look from scratch with a few select products.
Now I did a brainstorm and had a few ideas in mind of the looks I could create, but I decided to go for my gut instinct and create a pretty, fresh, feminine look which I feel completely portrays an English Rose.
I decided to concentrate on pale skin, rosy pink cheeks and lips, bronze eyes with a hint of green (the leaves of a rose). I’m pretty happy with the look I created and I love how this whole look is made with 17 products – all of which are so affordable and easy to use.
For the eyes –
– I applied the 17 Blemish Balm around the eyes and on the eyelids, it is oil free so it will act as a primer.
– With an eyeshadow brush, I dusted the lightest shade in Hazy Days palette on the whole eye lid, right up to the brow bone.
– Then I sweeped on the brown eye shadows from the Hazy Days palette on the crease of the eye and blend in.
– I also crushed up a few bronzing balls from the Instant Glow Bronzing Rocks jar and applied them to the crease of my eye with a brush – this added extra shimmer as well as a little more colour.
– To create a flick on my top lash line I used 17’s Liquid Liner
– I used the green shade from the Hazy Days palette to line beneath my lower lash line to add a pop of colour.
– I then line my waterline’s with 17’s kohl pencil, and also smudged a little into the green under my eye.
I then used the new 17 Va Va Voom mascara to give length and volume to my lashes!
For the face –
– I used the 17 Blemish Balm in Light all over my face and settled with a face powder (I also added a little concealer on my blemishes and under my eyes).
– To contour my face and add shape, I used the incredible Instant Glow Medium Bronze Bronzing Powder just under my cheek bones.
– To add a beautiful flush of colour to my cheeks I used the 17 Blusher in In Bloom and applied to the apple of my cheeks with a blusher brush.
For the lips –
– To create full, colourful lips I only used one product – the 17 Berry Crush Lip Stain. I applied the lip balm from one end of the stick to my lips, and once dry I applied a few coats of the lip stain.
Products used – Berry Crush Lip Stain, Va Va Voom Mascara, Liquid Liner, Instand Glow Bronzing Rocks, Spring Brights ‘Hazy Days’ Palette, Blusher in In Bloom and Instant Glow Medium Bronze Bronzing Powder. Also used Blemish Balm in Light and Kohl Pencil which I stupidly forgot to include in the photograph!
I have really enjoyed taking part in this little challenge and I have also loved the idea of creating a whole look with just one makeup brand. 17 in Boots is known for being very affordable but of a good quality.
I’m thinking of doing more little challenges like this for example a look creating solely of Body Shop products, or Sleek products? What do you all think?
The whole Spring Range launches today (1st March) in store. I have also just check the Boots website and all 17 products are currently on 3 for 2 so if you see anything you like the look of from the Spring collection then pick it up now! I am going to reviewing lots of the products used in this FOTD individually as well, if you are interested!
Also – a little heads up, if I win this competition then I get a makeup lesson from a the 17 makeup artist, Vanessa Guallar as well as two 17 goody bags to give away to readers, so fingers crossed!
Do you like this English Rose look I created? What other brand challenges should I set myself?