My first proper look of the day, outfit/makeup post! I’ve been wanting to do one for a while but I couldn’t work out which angles would be best for shooting outfits in my room, but I finally worked this one out.
I’m wearing this to go to the Theatre in London tonight, we’re seeing the Wizard of Oz. Me, my mum and sis loved the show where they auditioned the Dorothy’s last year and now its finished we can’t wait to see what it’ll be like. In terms of my outfit choice, I always seem to wear black! I can’t help it, I think its because my hair and skin is so pale, that I need to balance it out with darker clothes.
Black Vest top – Marks and Spencer’s, Black leggings – Primark, Cardigan with gold detailing – Primark, Shoes – River Island
(Sorry about the smudge on my leg in the image above – I took the photograph of my shoes in a mirror which obviously needs a wipe!) I’ve been wearing false stick on nails for the past four days and I LOVE them. They are by Kiss Nails and you literally just glue them and stick ‘em on. I love the neat French manicure style and my hands feel very feminine. I will do an in detailed post and review of them in the next few weeks.
Eyes – MAC Nylon eyeshadow, Sleek’s Bad Girl Palette – the purple shades, GOSH Velvet Touch eyeliner in Black Ink, TBS Supervolume Mascara
Cheeks – Rouge Bunny Rouge As if it were Summer Still Bronzer, TBS Blusher in #05
Lips – Barry M lipsticks in #147 and #54
I decided to go for a hint of colour in today’s eye makeup, and so I added a tad of purple in with my smokey eyes, especially underneath my eyes. I added a purple eyeshadow on top of my black kohl eyeliner which gives a nice pop! I also fancied teaming the purple with orange lips, cue Barry M! A bit drying but I’ll add a touch of balm later!
Life in general:
- Handing dissertation in, finally!!!! I’m now an expert on Victorian death photographs (memento mori), the Cottingley fairies case and spirit photography.
- Final Major Project finally coming together. I still have lots of work to do but I’m getting there.
- Cadburys chocolate fingers and wispa choc yoghurts, both incredible, I’ve been addicted.
- Blogger events – I love them! I get to meet fellow bloggers and learn about new products, its so much fun. I have a few coming up in the next month so I’ll update you as they happen.
- Everyone’s feeling down – Some of my close friends have been feeling really down lately (including myself) and I hate it! I hate seeing people I care about in a low mood so I’ve been trying to make them happier.
- Money – I always have money problems, they are never going awayyyy!!!!
- How big my bed is and how I have no one to share it with!
- Being short – I’ve been wearing heels a lot because I hate my height at the moment. I’m only 4’1’1’’ and I feel like everyone treats me like a little girl because of it, ugh!
Does anyone else detest their height atm? What colour do you wear most often? Been to the theatre lately?