Guys, (this still feel so weird to say) but I now have less than a year till I turn 30!
I turned 29 on just over a week ago and it was wonderful. I spent the morning of my birthday reflecting on how I felt about my 28th year – I couldn’t tell if it was a terrible year for me (my relationship ending and my whole life therefore changing) or if it was one of the best (I’m finally happy, work is going brilliantly and I’m laughing so much more than I have in years). Either way, this birthday truly felt like I was closing a chapter one part of my life and I feel refreshed and ready for the next.
Over a couple of bottles of prosecco on my birthday evening with my friends and family, they asked what my goals were for the next year. I decided then and there that I wanted to write a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. Here they are.
1. I want to travel alone for the first time.
2. Visit 12 new countries (to make it 30 countries before I turn 30).
3. I want to book a spa/detox/retreat break away
6. Reach 100k subscribers on YouTube
11. Eat less meat
12. Learn more vegetarian recipes.
13. Have a karaoke night with my besties.
14. Progress in circus & feel confident in level 3.
15. Start taking more photographs on film cameras
16. Remember to see the beauty in everything.
17. Be more aware of coincidences – they mean something.
18. Say yes more
19. Go to an antiques fair to experience it.
20. Do a car boot sale!
21. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
22. Save money.
23. Write an article for another publication
24. Feature in a magazine
25. Visit a fortune teller.
26. Become more spiritual; meditate, yoga.
27. Learn all the star constellations.
28. Create my own fragrance/perfume (again).
29. Get another tattoo (so I’ll have 10 in total).
30. Be more spontaneous
Black Bag (similar)
So there we go, it sounds like an awful lot! I’m feeling so positive about the year ahead and writing this list has really helped me think about what I want it to hold. I want to really make the most of being free & independant, I want to create more new life experiences, laugh more, love more and spread positive energy all around.
I would really recommend you all jotting down some future goals you’d like to achieve too! Let me know what they’d be!
I really hope you stick around with me for yet another year blogging too.
Lots of love!
What are your goals for the next year?
Photographs by the wonderful Rebecca Need Menear: @bekor_