I wanted to start a new series on the blog where I just sit and talk to you guys about things I've been up to, weekly highlights and also just to note down how I'm feeling! I guess like a little weekly diary, but online for everyone to read (eee)!
I've been feeling a bit un-motivated when it comes to my blog over the past couple of months, I don't know if anyone has noticed? This pains me, as I feel like I wrote more content when I was working full time in another job, but now things are switched it's the opposite. I guess I feel more pressure and therefore have become less enthusiastic about it.
Anyway, the reason for this new blog series is so that I have one dedicated blog post a week that I have to write to hopefully get me re-motivated!
Highlights & Things I've been up to:
- I had a little trim yesterday at ESHK in Shoreditch. Please don't judge me, but it was my first hair cut in over a year...! I really, really love the length it is so I kept putting off having a cut incase the hairdresser got chop-happy and got rid of my length but I'm happy to say it's still super long, just more conditioned and with a little more shape.
- I'll be spending lots of time with Louise (aka SprinkleOfGlitter) coming up as I'm helping her film some gorgeous videos for her channel. I can't express how much easier, more fun & creative it is having someone else to help you film for YouTube channel (I really do drag in Andrew to help me at any chance I can get) and so I'm really excited for this little partnership. I stayed round hers last week and had some adorable cuddles with her cats Zula & Rocket and lots of giggles with the girl herself.
- Andrew and I spent the day with my family last weekend and it was really lovely. In the evening we had a hilarious meal out (at a Wetherspoons for the lolz - good thing my parents enjoy Jaeger Bombs) before heading to the Garage in Islington to see one of our favourite bands, The Rifles play a little intimate gig. My sister, Dad & I were dancing at the front for the whole of it whilst our boyfriends had a sway with my mum at the side. On the way back I spotted my Mum & Andrew walking and chatting with their arms linked and my heart nearly exploded with cuteness (pic above).
- Walking past a man in a crane doing some beautiful sea-life graffiti in Shoreditch really brightened my day yesterday! I must have watched him for about 10 minutes. And it was really heavily raining at the same time!
- My roses from Columbia Road that I arranged into a love heart shape have filled me with so much joy! I honestly love my current location in East London and the fact that I'm walking distance to so many incredible areas - Columbia Road, Spitalfields and Brick Lane being my current favs.
- My MAC Lipstick Collection video went up on my channel on Sunday and the feedback it recieved really made my week! I spent SO long filming & editing it and my lips were so sore afterwards (they're still so dry despite all the lip balm I'm slathering on) but the comments and view numbers have totally made every second worth it.
You can watch it here:
Really looking forward to this weekend! It's Andrew's birthday on Friday and so I have a really good day planned which you'll hear all about in next week's post. We're then going glamping for the weekend in York, SO EXCITED! We're visiting JollyDays and staying in a WoodCutter's Lodge which I think will be super instagrammable. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the long drive up there. I think the furthest I've ever driven myself is Birmingham and driving to new places does stress me out so I'm a little nervous about that but it should be fine.
I also have my first Aerial Circus Class of the term tonight. I enrolled back in the Spring as I really want to master the art of Aerial Silks after starting to learn at the beginning of the year (See Here). I'll be learning Aerial Trapeze, Ropes, Hoop & Silks and then will choose which area I want to advance in. Can't wait but not looking forward to the pain after each session!
I hope some one (other than me) enjoys this post! I think it'll be nice to look back on and if it means I get my blogging mojo back, it'll be worth it!
Lots and lots of love, Katie!