I’ve been bleaching my roots once a month for the past six years now (since I was 16) and I’ll admit that I have very strong, thick hair. Its never fallen out, it holds the bleach very well and its still healthy and moisturized/soft, however recently I've noticed that straight after I bleach my roots, my fringe gets quite dry and has recently started snapping off straight after.
I’m definitely going to change my hair colour soon to a more natural blonde, but in the meantime, I’ve decided to take this as a chance to try out some hair masks! So I headed to my local Boots where there was a three for two on professional hair-care ranges and stocked up on products which claimed to help dry, damaged hair.
- John Freida – Sheer Blonde Moisturizing conditioner for Platinum to Champagne hair colours
- John Freida – Sheer Blonde Blonde Hair repair Conditioning Treatment
- Trevor Sorbie - Ultimate Moisture Mask for thick hair
- Aussie - Miracle Hair Insurance leave in conditioner
- Aussie - 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor, deep conditioner for damaged hair.
I will take my time in trying out these products and will write back with a review of each. I’m hoping at least one of these products will cure my dry hair and leave me feeling confident that I can continue bleaching until this summer!